Frequently Asked Questions
How soon can you schedule?
- Residential services can be scheduled and booked online using this website, just click on Pricing and choose your service. Commercial services will be scheduled at a mutually agreeable time.
Why Aero Services of Virginia?
- Research by the National Association of Realtors found that 73% of homeowners are more likely to list with Realtors who use video. According to the study only 9% of Realtors use video in their marketing plan. Aero Services of Virginia can help you stand out.
What is a drone?
- Drone is a widely used term which describes an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). A drone can fly autonomously or be controlled by an operator. Drones can take many forms such as Quadcopter, Helicopter and fixed wing. The FAA refers to drones used for commercial purposes as Small Unmanned Aerial Systems (sUAS).
What is FAA Part 107?
- FAA Part 107 is a certification to fly a drone for commercial use.
What is Orthomosaic?
- Orthomosaic is an aerial image created from multiple photographs stitched together using a process called photogrammetry. The output is orthorectified to correct for the curvature of the earth. These images are valuable for large lots or properties and can be used for construction progress monitoring, property marketing and many other uses. The orthomosaic image also contains location and elevation data which can aid in visualizing the contours and slope of a location. Deliverables are for reference only and are not survey grade products.
What is DSM?
- A Digital Surface Map (DSM) is a deliverable created by the Orthomosaic process. The model contains data which can be used for distance and volume measurements as well as identifying changes in elevation. Deliverables are for reference only and are not survey grade products.